“Your Posture Is The Window To Your Health”
Few of us realize the importance of posture to our health and performance. To most people, “good posture” simply means sitting and standing up straight. But that’s a myth – and a costly one.
- “Poor posture distorts the alignment of bones, chronically tenses muscles, contributes to stressful conditions such as loss of vital lung capacity, increased fatigue, reduced blood and oxygen to the brain, limited range of motion, stiffness of joints, pain syndromes (headache, jaw pain, muscular pain), reduced mental alertness and work productivity, premature aging, faulty digestion and constipation, back pain, and a tendency toward cynicism, pessimism, drowsiness, and poor concentration.” In addition, “Poor posture can diminish blood flow to the brain and cause impairments in creative thinking and emotional control, slow reaction time, magnify feelings of panic and helplessness, and may even cause depression.”
– Dr. Robert K. Cooper, Ph.D, in his book “The Performance Edge”
- “The more mechanically distorted a person is, the less energy is available for thinking, metabolism, and healing.” In addition, “Ninety percent of the energy output of the brain is used to maintain relation of the physical body with gravity. With poor posture, only ten percent of the brain’s energy output is for thinking, metabolism, and healing the body from illness.”
– Dr. Roger Sperry, Ph.D. 1988 Nobel Prize Winner for Brain Research
- “Poor posture can produce a spine that is out of alignment, but your spine out of alignment always produces poor posture. Posture is controlled by spinal alignment. In fact, a properly adjusted and aligned spine will afford you greater levels of flexibility needed for feelings of youth and vitality. Posture is the window to your state of health and wellness.” – Dr. Bob Hoffman
It’s time to get the facts straight… Just as proper attention to teeth can prevent problems later in life, proper attention to the development of GREAT POSTURE will prevent deterioration of your health in the future.